- 200g Split Red Lentils
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1.5tbsp Tahini
- 60ml Olive Oil
- 60ml Lemon Juice
- 1tsp Cumin
- 2tsp Paprika (optional)
- 🧂Salt & Pepper
- Boil the lentils for 5-10 minutes – this might vary depending on the variety, so check the packaging. When complete, drain the lentils and let them cool. You can speed this up by refreshing them with cold water.
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food blender and blend to your desired consistency. Season to taste.
- Serve in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle paprika over the top (go smoked if you’re feeling cheeky.)
- If the hummus is too dry add some cold water and continue to blend.
- If it’s too wet, I like to add a small amount of oats.
- I’d strongly recommend playing around with the various quantities in this recipe until you find something you like. I usually add some hot sauce once complete to give it a kick!
- If you want to lower the calories in this, swap the oil for water, and tweak the spice mix to retain flavour. You’ll also need to reduce the amount of water/lemon juice to ensure it doesn’t get too wet.