Skip to content
- 150g White Rice
- 1 Carrot
- 1 White Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- ½ Aubergine
- ½ Courgette
- 1tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Veg Stock Cubes
- 🧂 Salt & Pepper
- ½ tsp Chinese Five Spice
- ½ tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- Place your rice into a large pan and cover with water. Add 1 stock cube and bring it to the boil, cooking for 12-15 minutes once up to a simmer. Stop cooking once most of the water is gone.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the vegetables into tiny pieces.
- Heat a wok and melt the coconut oil in this pan.
- Add all of the ingredients to the wok until lightly brown.
- Add the rice and sesame seed oil and mix well. You’re aiming to dry the mixture out somewhat at this stage. Cook for approx. 5 mins.
- Add the stock cube and spices, cooking for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and vinegar and mix well.
- Continue cooking until the mix is fairly dry. The rice should glisten and stick together when it’s ready.
- Season to taste – but be wary of adding too much salt because of the soy sauce.
- You can use a wide variety of veg here, so long as it is all cut to the same size. The key is cutting everything finely and integrating all ingredients.